Diet is a Major Component of our Fitness!
The Zone Diet Basics
- Eat the correct ratio of 40% carbohydrate, 30% protein and 30% fat at every meal;
- Eat five times a day, whether you feel hungry or not: have three Zone meals and two Zone snacks;
- Don’t let more than five hours pass without eating;
- Eat preferably when you are not so hungry, and your brain activity and concentration level are good. When you are hungry, your insulin level is too low. You are not in the Zone any longer.
- Drink eight glasses of water every day (1 glass equals 8 ounces);
- Eat only low fat protein, keep fruits and vegetables as your favorite source of carbohydrates, and add a dash of mono saturated fat (e.g. olive oil) to every meal;
- A Zone diet meal should not lead to a calorie intake higher than 500kcal. A Zone Diet snack should provide 100kcal.
- Use pasta, bread and other grain-foods only as a “condiment” for your meals.
- Exercise moderately to keep your body in a good shape.
- Don’t worry if you leave the diet once, Dr. Sears says. With the next 40-30-30 meal you’ll get right back into the Zone.
Your long-term weight-loss solution!